DPA Advantage — for which AFR is the administrator — is designed to provide down payment assistance in the form of a grant equal to 2% or 3.5% of the purchase price to a wide variety of eligible borrowers. DPA Advantage is offered by a governmental entity and may be used with the FHA 203(b) program or any of our FHA renovation programs, including the FHA One-Time Close Program (the 3.5% grant is not currently available for the FHA OTC program).
Some key facts about DPA Advantage
DPA Advantage contains a wide array of options that could meet your borrowers’ needs including, but not limited to:
- DPA Advantage now has two grant options available: a 3.5% grant and a 2% grant!**
- May be combined with up to 6% seller concession for closing costs
- No resale or borrower repayment restrictions
- Minimum qualifying credit score: 620
Who’s eligible for DPA Advantage?
In addition to helping first-time and moderate-income home buyers, DPA Advantage is available to make life easier for those eligible borrowers who make our lives easier.
This includes current, retired, volunteer, or non-paid:
- First-responders (police officer, firefighter, public safety officer, paramedic, emergency medical technician (EMT), including volunteers, or similar)
- Medical personnel (nurse, doctor, phlebotomist, health ambassador, or hospital, American Red Cross worker, or similar)
- Civil servant in a federal, state, or local municipality
- Military personnel
Contact us for complete program details
Need help signing up or want additional information on our available mortgage solutions? No problem, we’re here to help! Call (888) 913-3912 or fill out the form on this page.
*Not yet offered in HI, AK or WA; see our program guides for complete details.
**Please note: the 3.5% grant is available for Borrower Paid Compensation only; the 2% grant option is available for both Lender and Borrower Paid Compensation.