DPA Advantage — for which AFR is the administrator — is designed to provide down payment assistance in the form of a grant equal to 2% or 3.5% of the purchase price to a wide variety of eligible borrowers.
Some key facts about DPA Advantage
DPA Advantage contains a wide array of options that could meet your borrowers’ needs including, but not limited to:
- DPA Advantage has two grant options available: a 3.5% grant and a 2% grant
- If you have borrowers who don’t need the “no money down” solution, you can offer a lower interest rate†
- May be combined with up to 6% seller concession for closing costs
- No resale or borrower repayment restrictions
- Minimum qualifying credit score: 620
Who’s eligible for DPA Advantage?
In addition to helping first-time and moderate-income home buyers, DPA Advantage is available to make life easier for those eligible borrowers who make our lives easier.
This includes borrowers who are current, retired, volunteer, non-paid, or plan to become:
- First-responders (police officer, firefighter, public safety officer, paramedic, emergency medical technician (EMT), including volunteers, or similar)
- Medical personnel (nurse, doctor, phlebotomist, health ambassador, or hospital, American Red Cross worker, or similar)
- Civil servant in a federal, state, or local municipality
- Military personnel
- Eligible properties located in an underserved census tract (Zip Code Lookup Tool)
Contact us for complete program details
Need help signing up or want additional information on our available mortgage solutions? No problem, we’re here to help! Call (888) 913-3912 or fill out the form on this page.
*Not yet offered in HI or WA; see our program guides for complete details.